SEI is a world-leading research institute in its field. We are a dynamic and expanding workplace that employs around 110 people from 28 different nationalities in an activity-based HQ office in central Stockholm (Garnisonen). We have an additional 200 employees in seven centres around the world.
We are now recruiting a Senior Communications and Impact Officer to take on a high-profile role spanning two major projects working with sustainable development in different parts of the world. The Senior Communications and Impact Officer will have a strong ability to develop and implement communication strategies, coordinate engagement for events and meetings, creating content for various platforms, communicate complex concepts and navigate sensitive issues in an inclusive and inspiring way. This is an exceptional opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join a dynamic communications team in SEI, driving the impact of SEI’s research.
The position will focus on the following two projects: Green Agenda for Armenia, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine (40%) – developing and driving the communications strategy linked to climate neutrality and EU approximation/integration efforts; and SIANI (Swedish International Agriculture Network Initiative) (40%) – supporting groups, writing articles and exploring collaborations as part of the secretariat on the topics of food security and sustainable development.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Enables HQ project communications by working with research teams and projects; supporting/co-leading Strategic Policy Engagement (SPE) teams; developing and co-creating proposals; and leading communications and impact planning and delivering communications advice and outputs, coordinating with colleagues and external partners.
- Ability to lead throughout the entire project cycle with several Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) approaches such as theory of change, most significant change, monitoring log-frame etc.
- Supports competence development in SEI by initiating and leading training and coaching initiatives.
- Delegate responsibilities and lead the work of others.
- Acts as ambassador for SEI and ensures that the broader work of SEI attracts a high level of visibility and participates in recruitment processes.
- Drives impact and strengthening fund-raising across SEI by developing external relationships with funders, identifies and follows up opportunities and collaborations for new projects and invests time in developing in high-quality proposals.
- Leads efforts to secure funding with proposal writing while meeting billability requirements for oneself and manage finances for communication projects.
- Leads the development and implementation of the SEI communication strategy together with communications unit heads.
- Identifies strategic opportunities within communications and develops communication strategy within the role and larger projects and outputs.
- Produces high-quality, innovative outputs that drive strategic outcomes and demonstrate expertise in communication and research areas.
- Takes initiative in developing skills and finding synergies between different fields of communication and research areas.
- Produces media outputs in consultation with the press officer such as press releases and press meetings and delivers media strategies for projects, etc., as a part of communications strategy.
- Acts as a media spokesperson for larger projects and programmes and builds media relations.
- Writing news stories and blogs, social media posting, planning and moderating events, writing for the web including social media, text and photo editing and video creating and editing.
- Act as Communications and Impact Advisor for research teams, identifying opportunities to advance SEI’s Strategy.