The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) is pleased to announce the opening of a new Senior Communications Specialist position and invites all eligible applicants to apply. ICCT is an award-winning, independent, global, non-profit research organization that provides data-driven research to advance policies that reduce the health and environmental impacts of the transportation sector.
The ICCT offers a mission-driven and culturally diverse workplace with highly valued intelligence, flexibility, transparency, and good humour. Join our team of more than 100 talented researchers and operations staff with Washington D.C., San Francisco, Berlin, Beijing, and São Paulo offices.
The ICCT is looking for a Senior Communications Specialist to join our International Partnerships Program, working to support the transition of the transport sector towards zero-emission technologies. You will develop and implement communications strategy and outreach activities for external partnerships. ICCT supports governments committed to accelerating transitions to zero-emission vehicles, including the ZEV Transition Council, ZEV Declaration, International Zero Emission Vehicle Alliance, and The Real Urban Emissions initiative.
The position is part of ICCT’s Communications Team and will report to ICCT’s Communications Manager. You will work closely with project managers and research staff. You will be based in our Washington, D.C. office.
The ideal candidate will hold a degree in a relevant discipline and possess significant professional experience in communications, journalism, or public relations; have experience working in an international context; have practical knowledge of public policy making and be familiar with central themes and challenges in climate policy and transportation policy, and demonstrate an interest in solving our most pressing global health and environmental challenges.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Lead the development and implementation of communications and outreach strategies for external partnerships where ICCT acts as Secretariat Compile information, create material (e.g., press releases, fact sheets, briefings), and publicize signatories’ progress to international zero-emission vehicle commitments.
- Manage websites and social media accounts for external partnerships.
- Organize and manage virtual and in-person events, such as webinars, workshops, and meetings.
- Coordinate the translation of communication pieces.
- Develop and maintain media contact lists.
- Track analytics and create reports detailing successes and failures of communications efforts.
Experience and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline. A Master’s level or other graduate-level degree is a plus.
- 5-7 years of work experience in journalism, communications, or a related field.
- Public policy experience.
- Experience writing for print- or web-based publications and social media.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- A demonstrated interest in environmental issues.