We are looking for a highly creative and self-motivated individual to join our fully remote team and to take our digital communications channels and content to the next level.
About the organisation
OTT is a global consultancy and platform for change. We work with research organisations, foundations, governments and others to support better-informed decision making.
OTT is made up of two parts – OTT Consulting and On Think Tanks.
Through our consultancy work, we partner with organisations to drive evidence-informed change. Our services span research, evaluation, strategy, learning facilitation and organisational transformation.
On Think Tanks is a leading global source of information for people who work in, with and fund think tanks. Through the platform you can join a global community, learn new skills and exchange ideas, knowledge and resources.
Both our consulting and community work has public good at its heart.
OTT is a fully remote organisation. We have a small team of around 10 full-time staff and associates working across four continents.
This role will work across OTT – both OTT Consulting and On Think Tanks.
You will be managed by and work closely with the OTT Communications Director, Louise Ball. You will also work with OTT’s Founder and Director, Enrique Mendizabal, with the On Think Tanks Coordinator, Andrea Baertl and Research and Learning Officer, Stephanie Nicole. The role will interact regularly with OTT associates, consultants, partners and a wide range of actors in the evidence-informed policy sector.
Social media and digital platforms
We’re looking for an experienced and motivated individual to take ownership of our social media, newsletter and websites – someone who is excited to develop and implement a new strategy to raise our profile, grow our reach and engage with our community. This includes:
- Strategic development and day to day management of social media channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube).
- Drafting and sending out our monthly newsletter.
- Collecting and sharing regular analytics.
We’re looking for a creative individual who can deliver consistently high-quality and impactful content to share ideas, knowledge and learning from our work and our community. This includes:
- Developing and growing our regular OTT Talks series (podcast and video)
- Developing ides, commissioning and managing the delivery of other digital products (especially video) throughout the year
- Commissioning and editing articles for the website
- Managing the editorial and design process for publications.
We’re looking for someone with a strategic mind, who will work closely with the OTT Communications Director to contribute to developing our organisational communications strategy. You will also lead on developing and implementing communications plans for specific outputs and activities – such as the OTT School for Thinktankers, OTT conferences, our annual Think tank state of the sector report, the Open Think Tank Directory, or consulting projects.
- You have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a comparable communications role (preferably in the think tank/ policy research/ international development/ evidence-informed policy sector).
- You have exceptional writing and editing skills in English.
- You have a good eye for design and are competent in using InDesign, Illustrator and basic video/audio editing software.
- You have a track record managing and creating strong content for digital platforms and a proven ability to strategically grow an organisations social media reach and engagement.
- You’re familiar with Google Analytics and social media analytics (we use Hootsuite) and have experience working with content management systems (we use WordPress)
- You’re self-motivated, creative and strategic. You are proactive in identifying opportunities and finding solutions.
- You have great organisational skills and are comfortable working remotely (we use Slack, Google Meet, Dropbox and Google Docs). You’re flexible and happy to work on multiple tasks.
How to apply
Submit your application including:
- one-page cover letter outlining why you are interested in the role and your relevant experience and skills.
Applications close: 30 November 2022.
Interviews: Online, first or second week of December 2022.
There will be a short-written task as part of the interview process.
Please note OTT is a UK based company. For UK residents this will be a salaried position; for non-UK residents the post will be in the form of a long-term consultancy contract depending on the legislation of your country of residence. When possible, OTT will seek to equate the benefits that UK based staff receive.
At OTT we value diversity. We are a global initiative. We encourage applicants from all over the world and will not discriminate based on anything other than the candidate’s ability to do the job.