We educate Members of Congress on emerging threats, develop and promote policy ideas to make America strong and safe, and conduct narrative and messaging research to help progressives be tough and smart on national security.
Third Way’s National Security Program is seeking a Senior Policy Advisor to advance cutting-edge public policies for the top national security threats of the 21st century.
Key roles and responsibilities
Continuing to build out the recently launched US-China Digital World Order Initiative will be a primary focus, which will develop a pragmatic, whole-of-society, and long-term strategy that reflects core US democratic freedoms and values, and curbs the spread of China’s digital authoritarianism.
In addition, the Senior Advisor will work with internal team members and external partners on Third Way’s groundbreaking Cyber Enforcement Initiative and a wide range of other national security and foreign policy issues by drafting high-impact written materials and planning events for Capitol Hill and the Administration on significant topics of interest, and other diverse activities.
Experience and skills
This might be the job for you, if you…
- Have a degree in policy, cybersecurity, law, or other relevant field. have 5 to 7 years’ experience in national security policy.
- Have significant expertise or interest in US-China competition, technology, and the liberal, rules-based international order.
- Enjoy seeking out new, creative opportunities to advance the National Security Program.
- Can communicate complex concepts in an accessible manner across a broad audience.
- Want to contribute towards Third Way’s mission.
- Take pride in and ownership of your work.
- Are curious and eager for professional development.
- Think on your feet and adapt to changes effortlessly.
- Are motivated and driven by your passion for opportunity, freedom, and security.
- Want to make a difference and an imprint as Third Way’s newest Senior Policy Advisor.