New Local is an independent think tank and network of councils, with a mission to transform public services and unlock community power. Based in the UK.
We are looking for a skilled researcher who shares our values and our passion for practical and policy change to provide maternity leave cover for a member of our research team. The role is fixed term, yet we hope to recruit an individual who is committed to changing how public services are delivered and to working with communities, to make a real impact.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Research: Production of high impact research to influence a range of external stakeholders.
- Content: Analysis of a variety of topics to create high quality written reports, policy briefings, case studies, blogs and press articles.
- Planning: Working cross-team to carefully coordinate and ensure our research lands with the right audiences at the right time.
- Contributing to the planning and delivery of our research activity – including parliamentary influencing and members events.
- Taking on ad hoc tasks to support the research strategy and our work as a whole.
Experience and skills
- A great communicator, with outstanding verbal and written skills.
- An inquisitive thinker, with a keen curiosity and skill for clearly communicating / conveying both complex ideas and analysis.
- A keen planner whose attention-to-detail is proven to keep projects timely and impactful.
- Someone with quick judgement, who flourishes in an environment of autonomous working and speedy decision making, and can be trusted to make the right calls
- Driven by achieving change, a champion for community power, both in terms of improving our own work and achieving New Local’s broader political and societal goals.
- A friendly and supportive colleague able to work in a highly creative and collaborative environment that encourages autonomy and excellence from all members of the team.