Note: This opportunity is for 1 year to replace the current incumbent who will be on maternity leave.
The Think Tank Initiative (TTI) is a multi-donor Program dedicated to strengthening independent policy research institutions ― or think tanks ― in developing countries, enabling them to better provide sound research that both informs and influences policy related to growth, equity and poverty reduction. Focusing on selected countries in Africa, South Asia and Latin America, the Initiative intends to strengthen 43 independent policy research organizations, by providing long-term general support funding, along with access to training, technical assistance and mentoring.
As the Senior Program Officer for Knowledge Translation, reporting to the Program Leader and working closely with the Senior Program Specialist for Capacity Development and Program Learning, you will play a key role in managing and providing the knowledge function for the Initiative. You will oversee the ongoing implementation of the strategic engagement and communications plan to direct the synthesis, spread and uptake of TTI program knowledge and outputs and to ensure key messages are consistently communicated as well as analyze, synthesize, write-up, and share TTI’s Phase 1 and 2 results and lessons learned to inform the activities of think tanks, donor agencies and other stakeholders. In addition, you will plan, develop and deliver publications, working papers, briefing documents, blogs, etc. as well as promotional activities, taking the lead in writing and/or editing these documents by working closely with TTI team members. You will also organize, systematize and manage information and knowledge products.
- Master’s degree in a relevant social science discipline (e.g. communications, international development/affairs, political science, anthropology, geography economics, public administration).
- The position requires five years of progressive relevant knowledge translation, communications and research experience, including:
- developing and implementing engagement and communication strategies to share the results of research;
- interpreting and synthesizing complex information and qualitative research data;
- writing research publications, working papers and briefing reports;
- communicating research through presentations, reports, and documents and appropriate social media to various audiences, including through the use of novel data visualization techniques; and
- engaging with researchers and research users.
- Experience working in developing regions, particularly Latin America, sub-Saharan Africa or South Asia, is an asset.
Note: Candidates with less than five but a minimum of three years’ experience may be considered for appointment at the level of Program Officer ($73,780 – $89,000)
- Bilingual position (English/French) at an intermediate level
Proficiency in Spanish is an asset
- Understanding of short and long-term goals and objectives of the Think Tank Initiative
- Knowledge of social and economic policy issues and of the research environment in one or more regions targeted by the Program
- Principles and best practices of knowledge translation and communication
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and writing skills and proven ability to understand complex material and translate information for expert and non-expert audiences
- Strong planning, organizing, problem-solving, coordination and negotiation skills
- Sound judgment, ability to work independently and take initiative
- Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly to change and work under pressure
- Ability to establish, manage, guide and monitor relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Ability to work in a virtual, multidisciplinary team of people from diverse cultures, expertise and experiences
- Awareness of and sensitivity to individual, gender and cultural differences
This position requires a willingness to travel nationally and internationally an average of 20 days per year. We will consider leave of absences or interchange agreements. For more information regarding primary duties or responsibilities, view Job Details.
How to Apply
Please provide a cover letter along with your CV, setting out precise examples of how your experience, qualifications, and skills match those required for this position.
If this is the first time you are applying for a position, click the button Apply for this Position.
If you have previously applied for a position on our Careers website, go to the Are you a Returning Applicant? section to apply for this position.