Our mission is to help low- and middle-income countries achieve growth and reduce poverty and disadvantage through public policy reform. We enable low- and middle-income governments to bring about lasting positive change using analytical and practical policy expertise. Our mission and the impact of our work is at the heart of everything we do. It is the power to make a difference that drives our employees and sets the culture of our organisation.
As the Senior Project Communications Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of cohesive and inspiring communications for two global research programmes: DEEP and THRIVE.
DEEP (Data and Evidence to End Extreme Poverty) is a recently launched research programme aiming to build evidence, insights, and solutions that help end extreme poverty globally. THRIVE is a new research programme consortium in early childhood development focused on unlocking children’s potential to thrive.
You will be developing the brand and reputation of the two programmes, including building the communications infrastructure and ways of working with the project teams. You will oversee the delivery of strategic communications to a range of academic, government, and practitioner audiences across the social sectors.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Owning the communications strategies and the delivery of the communications functions for the DEEP and THRIVE programmes, ensuring they help to increase the impact of the programmes’ research and evidence among their audiences
- Establishing the brand identity and communications architecture, tools, and processes for the new THRIVE programme
- Supporting the consortiums to deliver first-class communications by providing tools, advice, and knowledge about best practices and approaches for research and evidence communications.
- Build awareness of the DEEP and THRIVE brands within their wider research and policy sectors in order to develop each programme’s reputation and increase opportunities for visibility and influence.
- Management responsibility for the Project Communications Assistant, supporting their development and empowering them in their position, and acting as part of the Communications and Marketing team to foster a positive team culture, in line with OPM’s values.
Experience and skills
- Substantial experience of delivering a complete communications function, ideally in research communications, policy communications, or similar areas.
- Proven communications project coordination/management experience, used to liaising with multiple international internal and external stakeholders across different organisations, including briefing and managing relationships with external agencies and freelancers.
- Experience in delivery of publications thought leadership and/or content pipeline, with the ability to align and prioritise activities with organisational/programme strategy and aims.
- Outstanding writing skills, with a strong editorial eye and ability to summarise research information into clear, appealing, and non-specialist language and formats.
- Excellent prioritisation and planning skills, able to work under pressure whilst remaining positive and solutions-orientated.
- Exceptional influencing and communication skills, with demonstrable experience in working with senior stakeholders, building credibility and trust.
- Highly self-motivated, able to work using own guidance, initiative, and good judgement in the execution of their role.
- Should be committed to and be able to demonstrate the company values of collaboration, mutual support, empowerment, integrity, accountability, trust, and respect.
- The pre-existing and valid right to work in either the UK, Germany or India (please note, we are unable to sponsor visas).