The Centre for Strategic and Policy Studies (CSPS), Brunei Darussalam is a think tank undertaking objective research in order to provide policy advice on national development issues for Brunei Darussalam.
We are seeking a qualified, highly motivated and dynamic individual to join us.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Lead and supervise project teams in producing high-quality research and policy advice.
- Design, coordinate and conduct research studies including data collection, data analysis, interpretation of findings, and drawing policy implications.
- Lead and/or contribute to project proposals, research reports, policy briefs, working papers, and journal articles.
- Present papers at seminars, workshops, forums, and conferences.
- Mentor and guide junior researchers to assist in their capacity and skill development.
- Perform any other duties as required by the Centre.
Experience and skills
- PhD in relevant fields (Public Policy, Economics, Social Statistics, Data Science) from recognized universities and institutions.
- For Senior Researcher: At least 10 years of working experience in research-related areas including at least 5 years of leadership experience in policy research and analysis.
- For Researcher: At least 5 years of working experience in research-related areas.
- Excellent track record of high-quality publications in relevant fields.
- Strong leadership and project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- In-depth knowledge of quantitative and/or qualitative research methodologies.