The Center for Global Development (CGD), an independent, non-partisan research organization in Washington, DC is seeking a resourceful and proactive talent acquisition professional to assist with its recruiting/talent acquisition efforts.
The TA Specialist will partner with hiring teams on recruiting efforts and serve as a creative force for new opportunities to expand our talent pipeline, diversify external partnerships with universities, and work to incorporate our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) work into our recruitment practices. In addition, the TA Specialist will lead the planning, recruiting, and management of CGD’s Summer Delegates internship program in Washington, DC. The incumbent will work to manage all recruitment efforts, partnering internally with hiring teams to plan and carry out the recruitment process, bringing an equity focus to all our actions. The incumbent will perform a range of recruiting-related tasks including drafting job descriptions, sourcing candidates, corresponding with interested applicants, passive recruiting, screening resumes, scheduling and conducting initial interviews, and ensuring the process and candidate experience are smooth, consistent, and engaging. Additionally, the successful candidate will support the VP of HR in other aspects of recruiting strategy, DEI efforts, onboarding, and more. The Specialist will work with other colleagues to do candidate outreach, partner internally with different functional teams, and review/refine processes for efficiency and greater equity. The incumbent must be able to exercise discretion, good judgment, and significant initiative while operating at times with minimal supervision.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Take ownership of recruitment-related activities including drafting and editing job descriptions, posting jobs, candidate screening, scheduling interviews, gathering and synthesizing candidate feedback, ensuring a streamlined hiring process for all open positions while reducing time-to-fill.
- Partner with hiring teams to support recruitments across the organization in a business partner model.
- Drive adoption of the applicant tracking system, related integrations, and other digital systems for efficiency and productivity. Train colleagues on the use of CGD’s systems.
- Plan and manage CGD’s annual Summer Delegates Program, ensuring the schedule of activities is thoughtful, robust, and engaging.
- As a member of the operations team, participate in team meetings and discussions and contribute to the overall operations team efforts which include People, IT, Administration, and Finance.
- Be an internal voice and change agent for diversity and inclusion, suggesting new areas of work related to CGD’s DEI efforts, particularly around recruiting.
- The ideal candidate will be a relationship builder, able to strengthen CGD’s presence externally with candidates as well as keep teams on track internally to ensure the continuous flow of talent acquisition activities to keep CGD fully staffed.
- Support the engagement of university partners and expand CGD’s network and reach.
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and skills
- 2-3 years of experience in recruiting/talent acquisition, including implementing policies and processes, deploying tools/technology, and improving approaches
- High level of emotional intelligence, empathy, and humility
- Familiarity with internship programs, university outreach, and campus recruiting
- Excellent communication, organization and writing skills
- Strong initiative; can carry projects forward without close supervision
- Ability to collaborate, build relationships, advocate for a position, and work closely with other teams to foster consensus through a (sometimes slow) participatory process
- Intrinsically motivated to stay productive, focused, and see things to completion
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Nonprofit experience is a plus.
- Experience with JazzHR or similar ATS is highly preferred. Sharepoint experience is a plus. Outlook experience is a must.