Soapbox, is looking for a midweight front- and back-end developer to join our experienced and friendly development team in South London.
The successful applicant will join the team of developers and he or she will be expected to work with a wider team of digital designers, project managers and partners.
The main focus of the job is to develop the front- and back-end of new and existing websites, long-form readers, rich-media reports, online data products and any other digital outputs the Soapbox studio may produce.
The role will require knowledge and experience of a variety of different frameworks, CMSs and languages, dependent on current development team practices and individual project requirements.
We expect applicants to have relevant industry experience and be experienced in liaising and communicating with clients in a confident and friendly manner.
About the role
- Produce code to a professional standard in a well-documented and maintainable way.
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to prioritise different tasks and contribute to multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong people skills to be able to communicate with all levels of staff and as part of an effective web team.
- Assisting the head of web development, digital production manager and new business team in producing quotes and estimates for web jobs and projects, highlighting any areas of significant functionality.
- Keeping up with current trends and innovations in programming and other relevant fields, and enhancing existing or learning new skills as part of your ongoing professional development.
- Contributing to the efficiency and scalability of the agency’s web development processes with a particular emphasis on the continuous improvement of our approach to coding and the way that information is gathered and shared.
- Writing technical documentation that is simple to follow for clients and non-technical colleagues and providing any other technical support throughout the lifecycle of a web project.
- Deliver excellent customer care, including working professionally with clients who have little or no technical knowledge of web development.
- Carrying out upgrades and maintenance to existing websites and third-party websites.
- Demonstrate passion for development through work you may have done in your spare time.
- Fluent English.
- You must be eligible to work in the UK.
The successful applicant will have or be able to demonstrate the following:
- Industry experience and a portfolio of examples
- W3C and WAI-ARIA web standards
- Version control
- CMSs (such as WordPress, Bolt or Drupal)
- Back-end and/or front-end frameworks (Laravel, CakePHP, EmberJS, React etc.)
Start date: October 2016
Salary: £29,000–£33,000 experience dependant