Founded in 2010, On Think Tanks is a global platform dedicated to the study and support of policy research and evidence-use in policymaking, providing research, ideas and advice to think tanks around the world.
By contributing to OTT, you can put your thoughts and ideas in front of a global audience and invite others to join the conversation around think tanks and their relevance.
In 2021 we will focus new content on four topics:
- managing conflict and change,
- think tanks and technology,
- challenges (including COVID 19) think tanks face (and how to overcome them), and
- think tank communications.
We will continue to publish content around our five core themes:
- governance and management (of think tanks),
- funding and supporting think tanks, and
- understanding think tanks (the broader sector of evidence informed policymaking)
How to contribute
To write an article for OTT, simply send us your idea via email. We prioritise pitches that:
- are written with a global audience in mind,
- are aligned with our four 2021 topics or five core themes, or
- invite others to join the conversation.
If your article is selected, our editorial team will guide you to turn your idea into a finished article.
We have an average of ten thousand readers each month from around the world. We promote all of our content through our social media channels and via internal communication channels with specific audiences.
We would like this blog to be as open and plural as possible. If you would like to become a contributor please email us on [email protected] and let us know about it.
Articles are usually between 750 and 1,000 words. They are written from the author’s perspective, and can be case studies, opinion pieces, interviews or research summaries.
Once articles are submitted, they go through our editorial process. The process, from submission to publication, typically lasts around three weeks.
Submit news, events, jobs, blogs
Do you have an event or a job to advertise? Have you published a recent study or launched an interesting project? Let us know about it.
Have you recently gone through a leadership transition and would like to let us know about your new executive director or senior researcher? Do get in touch.
We look forward to hearing your ideas!