The On Think Tanks School is an effort to bring together the best research and practice on think tanks, policy research centres, evidence based policy, policy research networks, and other related issues in a way that helps develop the necessary personal skills and organisational competencies to support better policymaking.
What is on offer?
The On Think Tanks School offers different capacity building activities:
- Short Courses on key think tank organisational issues
- Long Courses which explore more deeply some of the issues addressed in the short course series
- Webinars on practical aspects of think tanks operation
- Face-to-face courses and workshops, addressing personal and organisational thinktanking skills and competencies, including leadership, management, communications, and research skills and methods. Check out the Winterschool for Thinktankers-Geneva
- The On Think Tanks Fellowship Programme “Integral Leaders for Global Challenges”
- Consulting and mentoring at individual and organisational levels
Who delivers the trainings?
Our trainers and facilitators have first hand experience on the issues presented and discussed. We also endeavour to incorporate the latest pedagogical approaches to our work.
Above all, the On Think Tanks School fosters a community of thinktankers and think tank supporters that can promote the continuous evolution of think tank practices for better outcomes of their work.
Upcoming courses and webinars:
- Short course: Re-thinking funding models
- Long course: Cutting edge communications for research and policy
The On Think Tanks School has been created thanks to the support of the Hewlett Foundation, the Think Tank Initiative, the Think Tank Fund and its trainers.
If you are interested in supporting the On Think Tanks School, please consider Supporting On Think Tanks.
If you have any questions about our Evolving Think Tanks Series, about the different types of courses, or about individual courses, please get in touch.