ODI's Research and Policy in Development Programme (RAPID) are looking for a Communications Officer who will enhance the impact of their research on development policy and practice.
The Research and Policy in Development (RAPID) programme at ODI works to improve the integration and use of research-based evidence and local knowledge by policy-makers and practitioners for development impact. We work with researchers, think tanks, civil society organisations, developing country governments and donors.
They are looking for a Communications Officer who will enhance the impact of RAPID’s research on development policy and practice. The Communications Officer will work closely with RAPID colleagues, to produce a range of high quality and innovative programme and project outputs – digital, print and multimedia; coordinate events; and implement the programme’s external and internal communications strategy. There is also scope to provide advice on communications to partners and other organisations in country and remotely, if required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting development and implementation of the RAPID communications strategy to expand our global reach and influence
- Managing and developing RAPID’s output production and dissemination processes
- Arranging policy engagement events
- Coordinating RAPID’s digital communications, including digital platforms and social media
- Monitoring outputs, messages and potential impact