The Center for Global Development works to reduce global poverty and improve lives through innovative economic research and drive better policy and practice by the world’s top decision makers. We strive for excellence and intellectual rigor and believe global prosperity starts with smart policy based on evidence. Our work is nonpartisan, and our recommendations are not influenced by our funders. We are willing to challenge powerful institutions and the status quo for better development practices. We are committed to transparency, diversity, and professional and personal integrity. We value mutual respect, a collegial workplace, and a healthy sense of humor.
Brief description of role
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial strategist, a creative storyteller, and a digital maven. This is someone who feels passionate about CGD’s mission, understands the power of digital media to bring about change, and wants to dig deeper into the data to ensure we’re reaching and engaging the right audiences. We’re also looking for a tech-savvy self-starter who will champion CGD’s cross-channel promotional strategies – from crafting incentive initiatives and assisting with email marketing efforts, to running search ad campaigns. Working alongside our digital team, the Manager will establish goals and key performance indicators to evaluate and evolve the organization’s digital efforts and advance our growing digital marketing program.
- Coordinate management tasks of the Global Health Policy Program in collaboration with colleagues based in CGD’s London office. Responsibilities include organizing and coordinating the global health team’s workflow; overseeing and monitoring the status of ongoing project deliverables; managing consultant and sub-grant contracting processes; tracking program expenditures; and preparing grant reports and new funding proposals.
- Plan and organize internal meetings, in collaboration with various internal teams. Manage logistics for all aspects of public and private events, roundtables, and workshops.
- Perform basic day-to-day research tasks for ongoing global health projects, including but not limited to literature reviews, background research for CGD publications including creating presentations, preparing figures and tables, etc. (approx. 25% of time).
- Perform other duties as necessary in support of the Global Health Policy Program.
Experience and skills
- Undergraduate degree in a related field required. –
- 1-2 years professional experience in international development and/or global health is preferred but not required.
- Superb organizational skills and attention to detail is a necessity.
- Ability to advance tasks and projects with hands-off supervision.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, in a fast-paced environment. An ability to see ahead and think strategically is essential.
- Outstanding communications and writing skills in English.
- Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Poise and can-do attitude. Comfort working as an individual, with small groups, and with senior staff. Ability to work on projects spanning different time zones and cultural contexts.