The Wolfsberg Group is currently seeking an Events Intern to assist the Wolfsberg Group Secretariat in organizing their upcoming Forum from 14-17 May, 2024.
About the organisation
The Group (wolfsberg-group.org) is an association of 12 global banks focused on enhancing how the financial services industry and the regulatory community can combat and prevent financial crime. The Group was one of the first organisations of its kind to be established, its publications and guidance are used by the industry globally as a vital part of the fight against financial crime, and it is a frequent contributor to the work of international standard setters. The Group holds member-only quarterly meetings, as well as an annual conference and two training events. The annual conference is held in May and gathers about 110 professionals from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors to discuss the present and future of financial crime compliance and risk management.
Key roles and responsibilities
The Events Intern will provide support to the work of the Wolfsberg Group Secretariat in relation to the organisation of the Forum, which will take place on 14-17 May 2024. The main responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the run-up to the Wolfsberg Group Forum (incl. exchanging communications with the invitees, liaising with the event facility, maintaining records).
- Contributing to ensuring appropriate follow-up after the event.
- Supporting the team for any other task related to the organisation of the Forum.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and skills
- Enrolment in the final year of a university degree, or recent graduate.
- Experience and/or knowledge in events management preferred.
- Interest in the field of financial crime compliance and risk management.
- Excellent time management, organisational and planning skills, with ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Motivated to work in a small team.
- At ease with different time zones and multicultural environments.
Please send your written application (CV, letter of motivation, reference letters and contact details of three professional or academic references; all documents merged in a single PDF file), at your earliest convenience, but no later than 04 February 2024 by email to: [email protected] For further information about this position, please contact Pauline Blu: ([email protected]).