Bruegel is a European think tank working in the field of international economics. Established in 2005, Bruegel is independent and non-doctrinal. Its mission is to improve the quality of economic policy with open and fact-based research, analysis and debate. We are committed to impartiality, openness and excellence. Bruegel’s membership includes EU Member State governments, international corporations and institutions.
Bruegel is recruiting a project coordinator to join the Development Team (in charge of raising funds for Bruegel). She/he will coordinate the submission of proposals, as well as the management and monitoring of some Bruegel projects funded by Public Institutions/International Organisations under the supervision of the Public Funding Manager . The project coordinator will also provide support in strengthening and sustaining the partnership and fundraising capacity of Bruegel under the supervision of the Head of Development.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Supporting the Bruegel Development team in the implementation and continuous development of Bruegel fundraising and partnerships strategy, matching the needs and values of the organisation;
- Assisting in the overall preparation, implementation and reporting of a portfolio of publicly-and privately- funded projects, ensuring that work is delivered on time and at the highest standards;
- Liaising with relevant Bruegel fellows and non-research staff to deliver on the projects’ tasks, coordinating and sequencing the work of the project research team as well as that of the Bruegel Communications team for the research outputs publication and dissemination;
- Planning, monitoring and managing all contractual and financial aspects of the projects; verify that expenses are eligible and in line with the projects’ budgets working in with Bruegel’s in house accounting team;
- Liaising with the contracting authorities and project partners; developing and fostering the relationship with funders and partners;
- Maintaining necessary records, files, reports, databases, and resources related to the Development Team activities;
- Supporting in identifying new funding opportunities and preparing tender and grant proposals when needed, under the supervision of the Head of Development
Experience and skills
- University degree. Master’s degree in management, marketing, economics, business/political sciences, international affairs preferable;
- A minimum of 2 years working experience in managing projects funded by the European Institutions is required;
- Knowledge and experience of the Horizon 2020 programme is an asset;
- Strong organisational and project management skills: the ideal candidate is solution-oriented, and is excellent at paying attention to detail;
- A good understanding of different fundraising avenues, corporate partnerships, fundraising, events, grants is an asset;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in parallel, prioritise the workload and cope with tight deadlines;
- Capacity to listen, build trust, understand needs of potential partners and translate them into actionable proposals;
- Ability to work autonomously and independently in delivering the projects’ tasks;
- Creative thinking and open mindedness, with a very proactive, entrepreneurial personality;
- Ability to work in a multinational environment; good inter-personal and communication skills are essential;
- Fluency in English, both written and oral; knowledge of other languages is an asset.
Other useful information
- To submit your application for this vacancy, please send your CV and a Cover letter (in English) with “Application: Development team – Project Coordinator”in the subject to [email protected].
- Deadline for applications is March 6th at 23.59 PM Brussels time, interviews will take place in the second half of March. Applications received after the deadline and that not meet the requirements will not be reviewed.
- The candidate should be able to start ideally in April 2019.
- Due to the high number of applications usually received for Bruegel vacancies, only candidates short-listed for interviews will be contacted. Reception of applications will be acknowledged.