The Ecologic Institute is looking for a researcher with expertise in water and climate adaptation policy.
Brief description of organisation
Ecologic Institute is a private and independent academic think tank dedicated to the task of working on relevant policy issues in the field of sustainability research and introducing new findings to environmental policy. Founded in 1995, Ecologic Institute is part of the Ecological Re-search Network (Ecornet) and closely linked to international networks like Think Sustainable Europe. Today, more than 100 staff members work in international and interdisciplinary project teams.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Supporting projects with a focus on water resources management and the water economy, particularly on the design and effectiveness of blue-green infrastructure and other climate adaptation measures.
- Preparing quantitative and qualitative evaluations, literature reviews, and case studies.
- Contributing to the preparation of project reports as well as the communication of project results to different target groups.
- Supporting ongoing projects.
- Supporting the acquisition of new projects.
- Supporting the conception and implementation of project related events.
Experience and skills
- You have completed a master’s degree in environmental planning, water resources management, geography, environmental science or equivalent with a focus on water and climate adaptation.
- You possess analytical skills and have experience using qualitative and quantitative survey methods.
- You possess knowledge of integrated water resources management and climate adaptation, data analysis, and current policy developments in the field; knowledge of adaptation measures and/or nature-based solutions is a plus. Knowledge of organizing, holding, and moderating events is a plus.
- You enjoy working both independently and as part of a team and appreciate working in an interdisciplinary and international environment.
- Professional level of German is a must, very good knowledge of English is desirable.