Third Way is a national think tank that was founded back in 2005 to champion modern center-left ideas. Our work is grounded in the mainstream American values of opportunity, freedom, and security. We are proud of the organization that we have built and continue to seek out talent who contribute to our ambitious mission. We are deeply committed to promoting a culture of results and respect where every employee has opportunities to contribute, develop, and grow professionally.
Third Way is seeking a Senior Manager of Events to plan and execute a full slate of organization-wide political and policy events. These will include a mix of national conferences, private convenings and salons, Hill briefings, receptions and other types of in-person and virtual gatherings.
As the Senior Manager of Events, a typical day might include…
• Organizing and executing public in-person, hybrid, and virtual events including venue selection, contracting, designing the floor plan, speaker management, coordinating A/V needs, staffing, budgeting, selecting catering, and other related activities
• Managing and liaising with Third Way event consultants on all major programming
• Collaborating with Communications, Development, and Third Way policy teams to strategize and conceptualize organization-wide public and private events, including topics, participants and formats to attract press and fulfill the organization’s mission
• Advising policy teams on event best practices during planning stage
• Working closely with the Communications team on invitations, digital marketing, event collateral, graphic design needs, and other branding as needed
• Creating staffing plans for events, including leading pre-event briefings and designing prep materials for staff • Oversee event budgets and managing support staff on event execution
• Researching venues and managing relationships with vendors, serving as Third Way point of contact, and coordinating invoicing
• Drafting runs of show, load-in schedules, emergency preparedness plans, logistics memos, and seating charts, when applicable
• Managing onsite execution of events including set-up, tear-down, registration and vendor crews, catering, oversee photographers, video crews and staging crews in preparation for and during events
• Ensuring all relevant event attendance data is tracked in Salesforce and shared with the appropriate staff
• Maintaining high standard of event execution, staying up-to-date on industry trends and innovations, and working to consistently improve the overall quality of Third Way events.
Experience and Skills
This might be the job for you, if you…
- Have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in event/meeting planning including digital and hybrid events, political and think tank experience is a plus
- Have strong organizational, logistics and people skills
- Possess a high degree of attention to detail and ability to respond effectively to rapidly occurring changes
- Are able to interact comfortably with elected officials, corporate executives, and other VIPs
- Are able to manage multiple tasks with various deadlines in a cross-functional environment
- Maintain a broad understanding of and interest in current events and political issues
- Experience using Salesforce and Eventbrite for event management
- Want to contribute towards Third Way’s mission
- Take pride in and ownership of in your work
- Are curious and eager for professional development
- Think on your feet and adapt to changes effortlessly
- Communicate clearly and effectively in writing and verbally
- Are motivated and driven by your passion to opportunity, freedom, and security
- Want to make a difference and an imprint as Third Way’s newest Senior Manager of Events
Third Way is committed to the health, safety and wellness of all employees, candidates, stakeholders, and communities. In support of that commitment, all current and newly hired employees are required to provide proof of Covid-19 full vaccination. Proof of full vaccination status will be required after an offer of employment is extended and accepted. Failure to provide proof of full vaccination prior to the start date will result in the offer of employment being rescinded. Third Way offers a flexible, hybrid work environment to support our employees’ healthy work\life balance. Third Way is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates, supports, and promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable laws.