CAPS is seeking to hire a full-time Senior Researcher with strong research, writing and editorial skills to be part of a small but high-powered research team.
Brief description of organisation
The Centre for Asian Philanthropy and Society (CAPS) is a uniquely Asian, independent, action-oriented research and advisory organization committed to maximizing private resources for doing good. CAPS works across 18 Asian countries and territories to generate evidence-based insights into how individuals, companies and governments can best address social challenges.
CAPS is seeking to hire a full-time Senior Researcher with strong research, writing and editorial skills to be based in Hong Kong. The Senior Researcher will be a member of a small but high-powered research team.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Conduct primary and secondary research.
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative information gathered from a variety of sources.
- Help execute and manage the research process, including mentoring junior team members.
- Write and edit research reports and articles for publication consistent with the high standard expected at CAPS
- Contribute to designing and planning both policy and applied research projects, including writing research proposals.
- Help nurture and grow research partnerships across Asia.
- Participate in conferences, events and meetings across the region to disseminate research findings and be an ambassador for CAPS.
Experience and skills
- Master’s degree in the social sciences, business or humanities
- 8+ years of experience in research/writing or related fields
- Native proficiency in English. Additional Asian languages are desirable
- Excellent writing, editing, and critical thinking skills
- Extensive experience using a mixture of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Ability to connect the dots and see patterns when analyzing quantitative and qualitative information
- Ability to transform insights into sharply focused, digestible output
- Project management skills refined through extensive experience in planning and managing large-scale research projects with high levels of autonomy, and stakeholder management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively work across different cultures
Additionally, the successful candidate will have:
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to stay organized and juggle multiple priorities.
- Passion for comparative research with a curious mind to tackling new questions and exploring unfamiliar areas.
- Demonstrable interest in philanthropy/nonprofit/social sectors.
- Knowledge of at least some of the economies covered by CAPS.
- Have a sense of humor.
If necessary, CAPS will sponsor the qualified candidate’s employment visa in Hong Kong. To apply for this position, please send a cover letter, CV and two writing samples to [email protected]. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified of their application status.