ODI (www.odi.org.uk) aims to inspire and inform policy and practice to reduce poverty by locking together high-quality applied research and practical policy advice.
ODI is looking for a highly experienced Strategic Learning Manager to provide maternity cover for six months (with a possible extension of three months) in the Social Development team. As a senior member of the Social Development team, the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager will lead and manage the delivery of learning and monitoring evaluation strategies for an exciting multi-year programme, the Gender and Adolescence: Global Evidence (GAGE) programme.
The Strategic Learning Manager, will be involved in multi-stranded internal project monitoring and evaluation in the UK and with country teams, learning across multiple UK and international stakeholders, developing and quality assuring learning and dissemination products external representation of ODI and GAGE and multiple other reporting and communications functions.
Successful candidates will have:
- MA in Development Studies/Gender Studies/ relevant social science discipline, Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of learning, monitoring and evaluation approaches and strategies and their application in development sector settings
- Knowledge of gender and development sector
- Excellent experience of donor relationship management and reporting, especially DFID
- Extensive experience of logframe and theory of change development
- Extensive experience of establishing complex monitoring and learning systems
- Substantial experience of project management in multi-year, multi-partner and multi-country projects in the developing world
- Substantial experience of managing staff and sub-contractors to tight deadlines in a team environment, including in a context of distance management.
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication abilities in relation to a wide variety of audiences from different countries and cultures, including UN and INGO stakeholders
- Skills in negotiation, listening, communication of ideas, problem solving, decision making and conflict resolution
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to evolving project demands
- Ability to work independently but to keep team members regularly and adequately informed of progress as well as challenges
- Excellent inter-personal communication and coordination skills
Contract: Maternity Cover – 6 Month Fixed Term Contract (with possible 3 month extension)
Salary: £39,307 – £49,720 per annum