The International Peace Institute is an independent, international not-for-profit think tank with a staff representing more than 20 nationalities, located in New York across from United Nations headquarters. IPI is dedicated to promoting the prevention and resolution of conflicts between and within states by strengthening international peace and security institutions. To achieve its purpose, IPI employs a mix of policy research, convening, publishing and outreach.
IPI is seeking a Web and Multimedia Intern to help with writing and publishing (with graphics) web and social media content. This position reports to the Director of Web & Multimedia and Web Editor.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Write summaries and other text for the IPI website;
- Write copy for the IPI & Global Observatory Facebook & Twitter accounts, and help maintain accounts;
- Coordinate videos and photos;
- Research related to social media outreach;
- Research as directed by Director, other editors; and
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Experience and skills
- BA or MA with a degree/concentration in international affairs;
- Demonstrated knowledge of multilateral institutions;
- Demonstrated ability to write about international relations;
- Ability to write for the web and social media;
- Technologically savvy, with strong knowledge of web usability and social media;
- Superb organizational skills and attention to details;
- Ability to work on a team in a dynamic environment; and
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
- IPI is pleased to offer a stipend of $11/hour for this internship position on a full-time basis (Monday to Friday – 9 am to 5 pm) starting as soon as possible.
Other relevant information
The post holder will also work on: Will also work on: https://theglobalobservatory.org/