The CGD Summer Delegates Program is CGD’s initiative aimed at establishing the next wave of young leaders in economic equality and global development. Students will participate in a structured, paid, part-time internship program that will expose them to our work in various issue areas; provide an opportunity for professional development; and invite them to consider a career in development. Through this 8-week program, CGD hopes to gain diverse perspectives and build a new network of young professionals who may become part of the development community.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Provide research, writing and editing support for various reports and documents.
- Compile and synthesize data from various sources, including multilateral institutions, financial institutions, and country websites.
- Provide weekly in-person updates to senior fellows on topics related to areas of research.
- Analyze data and create graphics.
- Organize and attend meetings/conferences/other events related to research priorities.
- Perform other duties as necessary in support of senior research staff.
- Providing occasional support for general communications and events efforts • Drafting and designing outreach materials, including print and web content.
Experience and skills
- Currently pursuing or recently graduated from a bachelor’s program, ideally in economics, development studies, political science or a related field.
- Interest in economics, global development, political science, or other related fields. • Must be available for 25 hours a week for the full 8 weeks.
- Outstanding communications and writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
- Ability to work independently within a small, closely-knit organization.
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office package. • A positive attitude and great sense of humor.