Third Way is a national think tank that champions modern center-left ideas.
Our work is grounded in the mainstream American values of opportunity, freedom, and security. But we identify as center-left, because we see that space in U.S. politics as offering the only real path for advancing those ideals in the century ahead.
Our agenda is ambitious, aspirational, and actionable. It is built on the bedrock belief that for political movements to succeed in our political system, they must relentlessly re-imagine their policies, strategies, and coalitions.
We are fighting for opportunity, so everyone has the chance to earn a good life; progress on social issues, so all have the freedom to live the lives they choose; and security, so we are protected from 21st century global threats.
As part of Third Way’s Communications Team, the Digital Media Advisor will work closely with our policy advisors, press team, and leadership to manage the organization’s social media presence and support the major initiatives of our four policy programs. We aim to expand Third Way’s reach online and build connections with leaders in key policy communities to impact political conversations and advance our policy ideas.
Key roles and responsibilities
As the Digital Media Advisor, a typical day might include:
- Putting together a social media plan for a major report about to be released and identifying and drafting salient data points, analyses, and other pieces of evidence that would interest our audience on social media;
- Drafting content to share insights from a new op-ed on our social media channels;
- Collaborating with our policy advisors to host a Facebook Live explaining a climate policy that ties into the news of the day;
- Reviewing and preparing materials for a paid advertising campaign;
- Monitoring important digital conversations related to our policy campaigns and flagging important interactions for our team;
- Preparing a report on the social media analytics surrounding a recent event to share with our policy team to measure the impact on the policy conversation; and
- Storyboarding and preparing a video explainer with a senior policy advisor highlighting an important electoral insight about how Democrats will beat Trump.
Experience and skills
This might be the job for you, if you:
- Have a degree in Communications, Marketing or related field;
- Have 3-6 years of experience in digital communications engaging with policymakers and influencers;
- Want to contribute towards Third Way’s mission;
- Are current on best practices in digital engagement and have a sharp eye for opportunities to impact conversations and leverage important moments;
- Are curious and eager for professional development;
- Think on your feet and able to communicate clearly and effectively in writing and verbally;
- Are motivated and driven by your passion to opportunity, freedom, and security;
- Have excellent judgment and a knowledge of the progressive political environment; and
- Want to make a difference as Third Way’s newest Digital Media Advisor.