We’re always looking for motivated English speaking editors (native speaking level). If you have experience copyediting and proof-reading, this is an exciting opportunity to contribute to debates on sustainable development and COVID-19 in the Global South.
Southern Voice is a network of 51 think tanks from the Global South. It has served as an open platform to generate and promote high-quality, evidence-based analyses for the global dialogue on the 2030 Agenda. As a network, Southern Voice leverages these unique resources to inform global debates.
For that purpose, we are looking for qualified and motivated editors to edit programme-related documents for readability and consistency in order to clearly communicate our messages.
Key functions and responsibilities
- Suggest substantial changes in terms of style and sentence structure where necessary – to make it more accessible to our target audience.
- Ensure that all content is free of spelling mistakes, professionally and logically presented, and free of inconsistencies and redundant content.
- Guide the drafts through copy-editing processes and track responses to queries; edit and review final copy of the document.
- Native English speaker with strong writing, copy-editing and proofreading skills and proven working experience.
- Proven familiarity with international development terminology. A background in social sciences, economics, and political sciences is a plus.
- If you are interested in applying, please share your CV, economic proposal (fee per hour and number of words) and a short working sample of something you have edited to [email protected].