The Extractives Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI) is looking for 2 senior staff members in Oslo, Norway.
Regional Directors/Country Managers take responsibility to coordinate and support EITI activities, both directly by the International Secretariat and through partners, in a portfolio of countries. At present, the EITI is being implemented in 51 countries.
In addition to geographical duties, Regional Directors/Country Managers take the lead on specific policy and thematic issues related to extractive sector governance and support the International Secretariat’s work on management, finance, training, communication and research.
Candidates from EITI implementing and resource-rich countries are particularly encouraged to apply. Knowledge and experience of the geographical area is required.
- Any single post would be unlikely to cover the whole region.
- Provide strategic direction and oversight of implementation in the countries of responsibility, including assessing and responding to opportunities for new engagements and bringing together regional priorities.
- Encourage innovation and strengthen implementation, including peer learning opportunities.
- Provide analysis and training and produce communication materials.
- Oversee staff working enabling them to fulfil their potential.
- Undertake policy or thematic responsibilities to be discussed.
- Relevant advanced university degree.
- At least 5-10 years’ experience with government, company, civil society organisation, or a development agency.
- Knowledge and experience of Africa
- A sound knowledge of development, private sector development, energy and/or natural resources management, public finance, or project management.
- Excellent writing, presentation and networking skills.
- Ability to work flexibly and openly with a wide range of team members, while retaining the ability to act independently.
- Strong management skills.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. French is required if working on francophone countries. Other languages, especially Portuguese, Spanish and Arabic, are an advantage.