Integrity is an international consultancy and ethical service provider. Based on evidence and learning, we help clients and communities to build trust and understanding as the basis for transformative change. We do not advocate: we listen, comprehend and recommend.
We help our clients in government, international development and the private sector to succeed in these challenging environments, while building trust with and giving voice to local people. Our access and trust at a community level, combined with our global perspectives, produce powerful recommendations and deliver positive and sustainable change.
Headquartered in London, Integrity operates regional offices in Lebanon, Turkey and Kenya. Our multi-national team of over 50 specialists has extensive experience of delivering complex programmes in fragile geographies across Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
We deliver five key services: programme management and implementation / project and programme design, monitoring and evaluation / research and analysis / stakeholder engagement / capacity development.
The Senior Expert (Evaluation & Learning) will sit within our Services Directorate which holds functional responsibility in the company for project design, delivery and learning. The Senior Expert will be based in London, with expectations for travel.
Over the next 2-4 years, the Senior Expert (Evaluation & Learning) will principally support Integrity’s long-term delivery of Evaluation and Learning Services to the UK’s Cross-Governmental Prosperity Fund. The UK Prosperity Fund is a £1.2 billion facility aimed at the promotion of economic growth and poverty reduction in developing countries. Integrity is part of a consortium delivering the Fund and Programme level evaluation and learning services to the Prosperity Fund Management Office (PFMO, based in the FCO) over the next 4 years.
Further information about here: Prosperity Fund
Key roles roles and responsibilities
A. Technical Delivery (75%)
- Contributes to design and delivery of a portfolio of utilisation and theory focused evaluations and learning processes working across multiple countries and thematics (such as Trade, Financial and economic reform, Ease of doing business, Investment in infrastructure, Energy & low carbon development, and Human capital, innovation and technology).
- Develops research methods and approaches in response to project MEL requirements.
- Works with field programmes in Prosperity Fund target countries to provide technical advisory support to the delivery of evaluations, including data management and reporting.
- Manages the production of project deliverables, including delegating to consultants and junior colleagues as appropriate.
- Undertakes quality assurance of technical designs and external project deliverables, particularly those with a focus on evaluations and learning.
- Provides technical inputs, in a short-term technical assistance role, as part of project team evaluation and learning services.
- Supports learning processes and shares with wider team, as per the Learning Strategy and Plan.
- Supports external engagement and communications on the project, as per the Stakeholder Engagement and Communication Strategies and Plans.
B. Team Management (15%)
- Ensures quality delivery, on time, and in-line with client expectations.
- Ensures adherence to company delivery processes.
- Reports internally on technical performance, plans/forecasts, risks and challenges.
- Manages internal and external delivery teams, including senior external consultants, on a day to day basis.
- Plans and manages work flow, including internal resource requests.
C. Thought Leadership and Learning (10%)
- Monitors and disseminates new agendas and trends within the field, with a particular focus on contribution analysis, third-party monitoring, indicator development, quantitative monitoring, impact assessments and learning.
- Enhances Integrity’s approaches and methodologies in relation to MEL, with a view to promoting innovative practices and positioning the organisation as practice/thought leader.
- Supports internal communications to ensure projects are linked to the wider company.
- Develops and updates thematic and technical brochures that demonstrate Integrity’s capacity and expertise for internal and external dissemination.
- Mentors and trains other Integrity personnel on evaluation and learning
Experience and skills
- 8 to 15 years+ experience working on monitoring, evaluation and learning (or a related area) within international development and/or the consultancy sector.
- Experience delivering complex evaluations and multi-stakeholder management, preferably for UK Government funded projects.
- Experience of theory-based evaluation and utilisation-focused evaluation approaches, or similar approaches.
- Team management, including design and management of work plans, client management and reporting and financial management.
- Economic growth/development thematic experience, such as Trade, Financial and economic reform, Ease of doing business, Investment in infrastructure, Energy & low carbon development, and Human capital, innovation and technology.
- Experience with quantitative research methods, related software packages, e.g. Microsoft Excel, NVIVO, STATA etc.
- Master’s degree in a relevant subject such as economics, political science, international relations, sociology, social anthropology, international development or related subject.
- Experience of working in Middle Income Countries.
- Experience with qualitative research methods and associated software.