Cast from Clay is a rapidly growing communications agency that breathes life into brave ideas. The brave ideas that we seek out are those that help experts communicate in the simplest ways to the audiences that matter. By getting experts to engage broader audiences, we hope to reduce the growing levels of polarisation in Britain and America.
This involves working with organisations like think tanks, universities, and governments to create communications strategies, run social media campaigns, build websites, and develop brands.
We’re on the hunt for a generalist rather than a specialist. You’ll be someone who can quickly build relationships (clients and colleagues), has a keen eye for detail, and is able to anticipate issues before they become problems. You’ll have a sense of urgency about you, and not be afraid to muck in to the most mundane of jobs (you can expect us to be right there with you).
One day you’ll be managing a print design process, liaising between the design team in the UK, proofing their work before sending to a client in the US. The next you may be running sessions in a workshop to help a client rethink their strategic positioning. The day after you may be dreaming up OpEd ideas to pitch to media (and doing the pitching).
We do a lot of website development work, so likely one of the first things you’ll have on your plate will be managing a website development project (or two) from start to finish. As with everything, you can have as much or as little support from us as you want.
Please see the full job listing for more information.
Key roles and responsibilities
What you can expect to work on in your first month
- Mid-tier think tank: rebrand
- Challenger UK think tank: communications strategy
- Energy-focused think tank: web build
- Leading US think tank: print design
Sales & Marketing:
- Adobe InDesign training
- Attend at least one think tank event per month on behalf of Cast From Clay
- Write at least one blog post per month (for our blog, or to pitch in somewhere else)
- Develop and implement Cast From Clay brand ambassador programme
- Revisit and update internal content strategy, plan quarterly social media calendar
Experience and skills
- A belief that the status quo isn’t good enough
- Three to five years’ communications experience
- Experience managing print design and web projects
- Diligent, excellent attention to detail, a strong work ethic
- Ability to meet deadlines whilst not letting the ball drop on other projects
Nice to haves:
- An understanding of digital marketing, including PPC and SEO
- Some experience of Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Some experience with WordPress
- Microsoft Office skills (mostly Powerpoint, some Word)
Other relevant information
34 days holiday per year