Trepwise is seeking an advisor responsible for leading and managing all facets of client engagements and ensuring they meet and exceed client expectations.
Brief description of organisation
Trepwise is a strategy consulting firm that aligns people, process, and vision for purpose-driven organizations. Their organizational planning, systems coordination, and facilitated solutions lab experiences provide human-centered roadmaps and strategies for how purpose-driven organizations can transform themselves and drive lasting impact. They lift the experiences and insights of a diverse array of stakeholders into our work with the goal of creating thriving and equitable communities nourished by good ideas.
Brief description of role
As a new Advisor you’d be joining an exceptionally dedicated team of leaders. Trepwise are motivated to do our best for our team, our clients, and our community. Advisors are responsible for managing client relationships, leading engagement teams, and ensuring we meet and exceed client expectations. Work can vary from designing a multi-year organizational planning process, to facilitating diverse groups of institutions to address social challenges, to providing thought leadership and recommendations around organizational culture change.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Serve as client lead on small, medium, and large engagements
- Set and own the strategy and story of the client project from beginning to end
- Independently manage a client relationship and address client needs
- Translate complex ideas and themes into client-friendly deliverables
- Manage small and large teams (3+) on projects they lead
- Manage hiccups and challenges proactively and appropriately
- Leverage previous lived experience and context to improve work
- Facilitate small and large gatherings to reach alignment
- Effectively lead strategic thinking in real time
- Set and own facilitation outcomes and run-of-show
- Lead stakeholder conversations and focus groups Master basic human-centered design approaches, centering empathy and inclusion
- Meet all deadlines and complete assigned tasks Respond to all internal and external communications in a timely manner
- Fluidly prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects
- Manage down to ensure accountability to deadlines and budget
- Effectively delegate work to project teams
- Support client scheduling and follow up
- Independently project manage major engagements
Research, Analysis & Synthesis
- Develop research questions and lead research process on a variety of topics Analyze qualitative and quantitative data sets to identify themes and trends Use tools to visualize qualitative and quantitative data sets to identify themes and trends
- Draft, review & finalize high quality client reports, presentations, and communications
- Guide, review & finalize project work plans, agendas, and meeting summaries
- Design deliverables to be visually appealing
- Build financial models, budgets, and tools to support client planning and implementation partner with firm leadership to cultivate new business Own and contribute to internal projects related to equity, culture, strategy, and/or growth Represent the firm in the community at events and speaking engagements Support colleagues by taking on other tasks as necessary.
- Beyond these responsibilities, we aim to enhance our culture with each hire. We encourage individuals to apply who share passion for our vision, mission, and values and enjoy contributing ideas on how we can become stronger as a team and as a growing business.
- Trepwise team members are occasionally required to work evenings and weekends and may be asked to travel sporadically for client engagements.
Experience and skills
- Master’s degree and 5+ years’ experience OR 10+ years’ work experience in nonprofit, public sector or organizational management, management consulting, or related field.
- Experience in creating and leading diverse, effective, and productive teams of mission-aligned individuals.
- The demonstrated ability to collect information, identify opportunities for improvement, and frame a strategic solution to a problem.
- Experience managing the complexity associated with a client-driven consulting practice.
- Experience presenting and facilitating large gatherings of stakeholders.
- Experience managing others (e.g., a project team) required.
- Preferred experience working in or with public sector entities to address social challenges.
- Primary residence within short driving distance to New Orleans or surrounding areas. Relocation funds may be available.