The Center for AI Policy (CAIP) looking for a Communications Director with experience in media, public relations, communications, lobbying, and/or advocacy.
Brief description of organisation
We’re developing and promoting policy to mitigate catastrophic risks from advanced AI.
Key roles and responsibilities
As the Communications Director, you will work with the founder and other core team members to refine and implement our communications strategy. You will have the opportunity to build and manage relationships with journalists, Congressional offices, and other relevant stakeholders. You will also build and refine our communication strategy, write and edit memos, take meetings, and find additional ways to help us raise awareness about AI safety.
Experience and skills
An ideal candidate has:
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Can understand complicated ideas, then communicate the ideas to outsiders clearly, succinctly, and compellingly
- Can engage with journalists
- Can develop a communication strategy
- Can understand and work with a diverse set of stakeholders