CGD works to reduce global poverty and improve lives through innovative economic research that drives better policy and practice by the world’s top decision makers.
The position will lead day-to-day and strategic communications support for the Global Health Policy programme, primarily the International Decision Support Initiative (iDSI) but to include the entire team’s portfolio.
Key roles and responsibilities
The successful candidate will be an active member of both the CGD Communications and Global Heath teams, reporting to the Director of Communications, the Director of Global Health Policy and the Chief Operating Officer of the London office or his/her designate. The areas of work will include the following (with the support of specialists in the CGD Communications and Global Health teams):
- Communications Strategy
- Media Relations
- Content Creation
- Email and social media communication
Experience and skills
The successful candidate will have some combination of the following qualifications and skills:
- An undergraduate degree in a related field (health policy, global development, international relations, communications, journalism, etc.).
- Demonstrable track record of progressively senior communications or media relations experience – preferably in government, academia, nonprofit or nongovernmental organizations, or multilateral organizations – including pitching and communicating with journalists and setting up interviews, and creating and executing communications strategies.
- Translating dense or academic work into more digestible communications content and products.
- Knowledge of the global health landscape and key players, and/or demonstrated interest in public health, international development or foreign policy.
- Website content management systems (such as Drupal); familiarity with email marketing tools like Mailchimp, Pardot, or Cvent and Web coding (HTML/CSS) are also strong pluses.
- Experience with contact databases and CRMs (such as Salesforce).
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (particularly InDesign for publication layout).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as customer-service experience.
- Outstanding organization and time-management skills—ability to multi-task and prioritize workload with acute attention to detail.
- Experience effectively working within a large team and with international colleagues.
Applicants should submit a CV and a covering letter outlining why they are suitable for the role.
CGD Europe celebrates fostering a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive work environment.