Centre for London is a charity focused on London’s critical challenges. We identify things that aren’t working, research ways to improve them, and then speak with decision makers to persuade them to make the changes necessary to make London better. This could be relating to where people live, how we move around the city, the work we do and where we do it, and the way London connects with other areas of the UK.
Do you have the creative design skills to maximise impact, influence policy and make London a better place?
Key roles and responsibilities
In this role you will champion Centre for London’s brand, producing high quality design to support the organisation’s work. This is a fast-paced and varied role. You will be designing for traditional media such as print collateral as well as producing digital assets for our website, email, social channels such as videos and gifs. A typical month might see you responding to creative briefs for our flagship conference, working with colleagues in research on data visualisations, typesetting reports and working with our Head of Comms to refresh our brand. Across all of this you will be responsible for ensuring that the Centre continues to be regarded for the high quality of its visual communication.
In this role you will act as an in-house design studio, treating colleagues as internal clients and responding to their briefs, therefore organisation and time management are vital.
We are looking for someone with experience of:
- Delivering design projects in a design studio or in-house design team.
- Designing multimedia projects with print and digital collateral.
- Expertise with key design software packages, including Adobe Creative Cloud, incorporating InDesign, Photoshop, llustrator and After Effects.
- Ideally this role would be full-time, however we would be open to applications from people who would like to work part-time.
Experience and skills
- Qualified to degree level in a design-related subject or the equivalent demonstrable
- Expertise with key design software packages Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office and
proficiency with Mac.
- Experience of delivering design projects in-house design team or in a design studio.
- Precise layout skills with an exceptional eye for detail and typography.
- Proven print and online design experience with portfolio of completed design projects.
- Production of multimedia projects/materials.
- Working with print and design agencies.
- Strong technical skills with the ability to learn new software.
- Able to balance and prioritise multiple tasks, often to urgent and competing deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent team player.
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly.
- Experience of project management and client liaison.
- Production of data visualisations and infographics.
- Experience of video editing software.
- Knowledge of website design and HTML.
- Knowledge of email design, especially Mailchimp.
Other useful information
Follow the link below to complete the application information.
- Email your files to [email protected] with the subject line “Designer”
- File 1: Your CV and cover letter showing how your experience and achievements to date would make you a suitable candidate for this role (max three pages combined total) saved as a PDF with your initials as the file title and include it as a header within the file too. Please remove any reference to your name, including your email address.
- File 2: Three examples from your portfolio. You can send these as PDFs via email or WeTransfer. Please remove any reference to your name.
- Please send us three examples of your work from your portfolio including:
- Examples of data visualisation and/or treatment of graphics;
- Examples of a project where you’ve designed compatible digital and print assets;
- Examples of work where you’ve had to adhere to brand guidelines.
Please note, applications will only be submitted when the form has been completed and your application files received via email.