Third Way is a national think tank that champions modern center-left ideas.
Third Way is seeking an Executive Coordinator for its Climate and Energy Program, which is focused on advancing solutions that put the United States on the fastest, fairest path to net-zero emissions by 2050.
The Executive Coordinator will help program leaders achieve the highest impact possible in their work by supporting them with administrative and logistical tasks and occasionally with communications, light research, finalizing products, and coordinating efforts across the organization to get those products out into the world.
This position will report to the Director of Domestic Policy and International Policy and support the rest of the team on coordination and proofreading documents and events.
Key roles and responsibilities
As the Executive Coordinator, a typical day might include…
- Managing schedule, meeting set-up, and meeting and calendar logistics for the Directors, providing background research in preparation for meetings and events and ensuring appropriate follow-up.
- Drafting emails and other communications from Directors.
- Coordinating travel arrangements, including booking transportation and lodging and providing pre-travel logistical briefing materials.
- Preparing expense reports and filing consultant invoices and reimbursements.
- Assisting other team members in researching and writing policy-themed reports.
- Planning and executing the logistics of online events with multiple speakers and panels, as well as dinners and other in-person events.
- All require working directly with event participants, attendees, and vendors.
- Proofreading public documents, op-eds, and press releases before release.
- Staffing virtual and off-site events, including checking-in guests and liaising with Third Way staff and venue employees.
Experience and skills
This might be the job for you, if you…
- Have a Bachelor’s degree, experience handling administrative tasks, and at least a year of relevant work experience.
- Possess excellent communication, organizational, administrative, and research skills.
- Are able to work under short deadlines and deliver in a fast-paced environment.
- Can juggle multiple projects with competing priorities simultaneously.
- Have impeccable attention to detail and proofreading skills. are curious and eager for professional development. think on your feet and adapt to changes effortlessly.
- Want to make a difference and an imprint as Third Way’s newest Climate & Energy Program Executive Coordinator.