The Peterloo Institute looking for an Executive Director to oversee the wider think tank, working with the wider team, external partners, organisations and stakeholders to achieve the think tank’s strategic long-term objectives.
Brief description of organisation
The Peterloo Institute is Manchester’s first student-run think tank. We provide an inclusive and diverse platform for students and recent graduates to develop practical skills and gain relevant experience in the policy world through evidence-based research and events. The Institute focuses on two core challenges within Greater Manchester: Structural Racism (SR) and Regional Inequality (RI). Based in Manchester, The Peterloo Institute is a hybrid organisation.
Key roles and responsibilities
Leadership and strategy development:
- Developing a clear vision for the institute and where it is heading, while consulting with relevant supporters and other think tanks to produce the most efficient strategies, wherever necessary.
Team building and management
- Managing the activities of the institute and ensuring that the relevant support networks are set in place to best support team leaders and members.
Project delivery and support
- Leading the delivery of existing projects, ensuring they are functioning smoothly and are sufficiently supported.
Outreach – Partnerships and Expanding Networks
- Developing new connections and maintaining partnerships and relationships with current stakeholders, advisors, and relevant organisations.
Longevity and widening participation
- Developing a strategy to maintain the longevity of the institute and expanding student participation across all universities across Manchester. You will be responsible for ensuring the accessibility of the Institute and its opportunities to an inclusive and diverse audience, drawing on its core mission and values.