The Center for Global Development works to reduce global poverty and improve lives through innovative economic research and drive better policy and practice by the world’s top decision makers. We strive for excellence and intellectual rigor and believe global prosperity starts with smart policy based on evidence. Our work is nonpartisan, and our recommendations are not influenced by our funders. We are willing to challenge powerful institutions and the status quo for better development practices. We are committed to transparency, diversity, and professional and personal integrity. We value mutual respect, a collegial workplace, and a healthy sense of humor.
Key roles and responsibilities
The jobholder will coordinate operational and management tasks of the Sustainable Development Finance Programme in collaboration with the Programme Director and colleagues based in CGD’s Washington DC and London offices.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Organizing and coordinating the SDF team’s workflow.
- Overseeing and monitoring the status of ongoing project deliverables.
- Writing progress reports for funders on research progress and products.
- Assisting in the writing of grant proposals; assisting the outreach and communication strategy.
- Working with the different teams across CGD’s offices; managing consultant and sub-grant contracting processes.
- Tracking program expenditures; supporting budget preparation and monitoring.
- Preparing grant reports and new funding proposals.
- Plan and organize internal and external meetings, in collaboration with various teams.
- Manage logistics for all aspects of public and private events, roundtables, and workshops.
- Perform other duties as necessary in support of the SDF Program administration.
Experience and skills
- Undergraduate degree in a related field required.
- Master’s degree is desirable but not required.
- 1-2 years professional experience in international development and/or sustainable development finance is preferred but not required.
- Superb organizational skills and attention to detail is a necessity.
- Ability to advance tasks and projects with hands-off supervision. Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, in a fast-paced environment.
- An ability to see ahead and think strategically is essential.
- Outstanding communications and writing skills in English.
- Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Poise and can-do attitude.
- Comfort working as an individual, with small groups, and with senior staff.
- Ability to work on projects spanning different time zones and cultural contexts.
Interested candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter.
We are currently screening applications on a rolling basis. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
CGD offers a work environment that is collegial, rewarding, and rich with opportunities for intellectual and professional growth. The compensation package includes generous paid time off, a robust medical, vision and dental benefits with a modest employee contribution, employer retirement contribution, commuter benefits, and much more. Read about CGD’s benefits package here.
The organization is working hybrid with all staff required to be in the office two days per week. CGD is registered to employ staff living in DC, Maryland, or Virginia. Candidates must be able to live and work in one of these locations to be considered.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document upon hire. CGD is unable to sponsor work authorization for this position.