Southern Voices is seeking a qualified and motivated project officer to contribute to debates on sustainable development and to coordinate research projects in the Global South.
About Southern Voice
Southern Voice is a network of 66 think tanks from the Global South. It has served as an open platform to generate and promote high-quality, evidence-based analyses for the global dialogue on the 2030 Agenda. As a network, Southern Voice leverages these unique resources to inform global debates.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Take a pivotal role in executing diverse Southern Voice Programmes, demonstrating proficiency in preparing project proposals, conceptual frameworks, work plans, etc.
- Drive impactful desk research initiatives, producing high-quality outputs such as literature reviews, annotated bibliographies, and insightful summaries to inform Southern Voice’s research initiatives.
- Provide essential support in the research and writing phases of grant preparation, ensuring excellence throughout the lifecycle of research projects.
- Actively contribute valuable insights derived from desk research to fortify Southern Voice’s position in the global discourse on pertinent issues.
- Identify and help cultivate new partnerships and opportunities to enhance the global impact of Southern Voice Programmes.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive project plans and timelines.
- Undertake additional responsibilities as directed by the Director of Programmes and Research, playing a key role in the effective implementation of Southern Voice’s programs and mission.
Experience and skills
- Advanced skills in qualitative and quantitative research are required, gained from academic, policy research, or consulting backgrounds. The ideal candidate should showcase the ability to produce high-quality research outputs quickly, tailored for various audiences.
- At least four years of professional experience working and managing research projects and providing research support in the International Development field.
- Master’s degree in Economics, International Development, International Relations, or related disciplines.
- Excellent research, writing and communication skills in English.
- Proficient knowledge of Spanish and French are an advantage.
- Strong familiarity with current debates in the field of International Development such as inequalities (gender, digital gaps, etc), digital transformation, climate change, etc.
- Proficient in efficiently prioritizing tasks and managing workloads in a remote setting.
- Demonstrates independent troubleshooting and addresses challenges with resourcefulness and initiative.
- Exhibits reliability, accountability, and the ability to independently manage tasks for timely completion.
- Possesses cultural sensitivity, fostering inclusivity in a remote work environment.
- Actively contributes to building a positive team culture, promoting collaboration, and cultivating a sense of community among remote team members.