The German Council on Foreign Relations is seeking a Research Fellow in Geoeconomics to conduct policy-relevant research, provide data-driven analyses, and support fundraising efforts.
About the organisation
The German Council on Foreign Relations is committed to a sustainable German and European foreign and security policy based on democracy, peace and the rule of law. Founded in 1955, the organisation works independent from party politics and, as a research and membership organisation, shapes the foreign policy debate in Germany.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Pursuing policy-relevant research questions and publications in consultation with the Center Heads
- Supporting the geoeconomics team through data-based analyses
- Supporting fundraising activities to diversify and find sustainable funding for research in geoeconomics
- Advising decision-makers in politics, business and civil society
- Conceptualizing and organizing events
- Establishing international cooperations, partnerships and networks
- Commenting in the media.
Experience and skills
- Completed academic degree (master’s degree or diploma) with a focus on economics/international political economy or comparable fields of study, PhD would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of foreign economic policy, economic statecraft and sanctions policies.
- Basic skills of modern statistical and common software.
- Experience in research-based work and policy advice, as well as successful research publications.
- Experience in managing project work (communication, coordination, reporting, management).
- Strong team skills, ability to work flexibly and under pressure.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, good knowledge of a second foreign language (preferably German) would be an advantage.
- Confident text and expression skills and the ability to communicate scientific findings to a broader audience.