Centre for London is the capital’s dedicated think tank. Our mission is to develop new solutions to London’s critical challenges and advocate for a fair and prosperous global city.
Are you a creative and thoughtful researcher, with a passion for cities, and skilled at developing and communicating ideas that can make a difference?
We’re looking for a new colleague who has some experience doing research from academic, paid or volunteer work, and some work in an office or another professional environment. We’re particularly keen to hear from people with experience in statistical research.
Key roles and responsibilities
Through your application, we encourage you to show us how your experiences and skills will make you a good candidate for the role. Working within a seven-person research team, you will do tasks such as data analysis and literature reviews, interviews with practitioners and stakeholders, writing up reports for publication and helping raise funds for our projects. You will help with project admin including tasks such as setting up advisory group meetings, checking budgets, and supporting other teams as necessary e.g., helping at events. You will be supported to communicate about our work through writing articles and blogs, at meetings and events. We celebrate London’s rich and diverse culture, and we want our team to reflect the city we serve. We especially welcome applications from people from minority ethnic and/or less advantaged backgrounds.
Experience and skills
- Experience (academic or professional) in using analytical skills.
- Experience (academic or professional) writing compelling reports/ papers/ publications.
- Some experience in bringing together quantitative and/or qualitative research to tell a strong story and make practical recommendations for change.
- Understanding London or urban policy or specific experience in one of Centre for London’s research themes is an advantage (you can find these on our website).
- Fundraising and budget management experience an advantage.
- Experience working with statistics is an advantage.