The Center for Global Development (CGD) is an independent, non-partisan, non-profit policy research organization in Washington, DC and London, UK that focuses on the issues and institutions that are critical to inclusive development. Through rigorous empirical research and active engagement with the global policy community, we focus on the policy intersections of low- and middle-income countries and the governments, institutions, and corporations that can be partners in delivering greater progress. Since its creation in 2001, CGD has earned a global reputation as a highly effective “think-and-do tank.” Headquartered in Washington DC with a Europe presence led from our London office, the Center has about 130 full-time staff and an annual budget of approximately $37 million.
CGD is seeking a proactive and tech-savvy web and digital assistant to join our talented communications team. Reporting to the Assistant Director, Digital Communications, this role will be responsible for supporting the Center’s web and email needs – from managing site updates to troubleshooting email code. The selected candidate will play a pivotal role in championing web and email best practices with the goal of optimizing user experience and engagement, growing subscriber numbers and website traffic, and more.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Manage day-to-day of the CGD website: Publish blogs and publications, field requests from fellows, and assist communications staff with complex coding updates or fixes. This includes advanced formatting of tables, data viz and other multimedia, and more.
- Create new web pages, forms, and site features as requested.
- Execute the day-to-day of CGD’s email marketing system, Pardot: Format, proof, and send all email newsletters and updates.
- Build and maintain email drip campaigns and engagement programs; work with researchers and communications staff to create targeted outreach lists; and support colleagues with the technical execution of campaigns as needed.
- Propose and implement improvements to website and email systems to ensure optimal usability and accessibility; systematically test and assess new ideas.
- Analyze and report on CGD’s performance and engagement across various digital platforms.
- Align efforts across web, email, and social, collaborating closely with other members of the digital team.
- Stay abreast of and integrate the latest digital trends, tools, and technologies.
- Provide general support to CGD’s digital team as needed.
Experience and skills
- Experience with email marketing platforms such as Pardot, Mailchimp, or Marketo.
- Proficiency in data analytics tools including Google Analytics.
- Experience with data viz libraries and/or tools like Tableau, Datawrapper, and Flourish is a plus.
- Experience with A/B testing and tools (Optimizely, CrazyEgg, etc) is a plus.
- The ability to troubleshoot technical issues independently.
- A proactive approach to work.
- The ideal candidate will have a keen interest or experience in global development and/or foreign policy.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and at least 2 years of work experience.