Common Vision is a think tank working to change the narrative around our shared future. Our mission is to champion public dialogue around social and political issues, and revitalise public diplomacy through encouraging established and new leaders to exchange perspectives and build understanding.
In a world where negative, antagonistic politics only makes people more disengaged, we want to challenge the soundbite and make the case for positive, aspirational ideas about the future of society, the economy and public life where people work together in the interests of what we have in common rather than what divides us.
This is an exciting new opportunity for someone with communications, events and external relations experience to join our small and busy team.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Planning and delivery of our external facing communications including written, audio-visual and other creative outputs
- Co-ordinating our presence on social media and channels/ platforms for our published content
- Programming and executing a varied schedule of events
- Liaising with high profile speakers and contributors including Parliamentarians, public commentators, and business/civil society leaders
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with partners, funders and wider stakeholders including professionals, campaigners, public commentators, Parliamentarians and academics
- Project management and administration
Experience and skills
- Relevant professional experience of copywriting, organising events, producing and editing web materials, social media (at least two of)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Impeccable administrative and organisational skills, and a keen eye for detail
- A conscientious and flexible work ethic
- A creative flair in identifying, developing and promoting new ideas
Other useful information
We will consider part-time or flexible working arrangements for the right candidate.