Centre for London is a think tank and charity focused on London’s critical challenges.
We are looking for someone to join our experienced communications team on a temporary basis. From social media to media engagement and website editing, the successful candidate will play a key role in supporting our activities around the 2020 Mayoral election. This opportunity would suit somebody with some experience of working in a communications team and who is interested in working for a think tank. This is either a two or three day/week role for two months from January 2020. However, if the candidate is available, we would consider a December start.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Coordinating social media content
- Writing content for the website
- Compiling weekly emails
- Monitor and update comms calendar
- Tracking our impact and reporting
Experience and skills
- Experience working in a communications team, media or PR environment an
- Experience of drafting copy for websites, newsletters and/or other corporate
communications an advantage.
- Strong understanding and practical use of social media platforms.
- Excellent writing skills and confident at proof reading.
- Highly organised. Creating clear plans and managing delivery challenges. Able to
balance and prioritise multiple tasks, often to urgent and competing deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Professional and confident communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly.
- Strong IT proficiency, such as MS Office, Salesforce, MailChimp and WordPress CMS.
- Excellent team player