OTT Consulting Ltd (OTT) supports foundations, governments, international agencies, NGOs, universities, think tanks and the private sector to contribute to better-informed decision making. We do this through different activities, including research, evaluation, strategic advice, facilitation and coaching.
OTT is a fully remote organisation. Our consultants, associates and partners come from different cultural and disciplinary backgrounds and are based all around the world. We take clients on a journey to identify and then meet their needs, challenging them and providing and lasting solutions.
OTT also manages On Think Tanks, a leading global source of information, ideas, and support for think tanks and other members of the evidence-informed policy sector around the world.
About the role
We are looking for a Communications associate to work on a range of consultancy projects.
Examples of recent projects include supporting the Hewlett Foundation to review and refresh their transparency, participation and accountability grantmaking strategy; evaluating the International Development Research Centre’s strategic objective to scale research results; supporting the setting up of an Egyptian think tank; and supporting Mawazo to update its organisational strategy and review its operating model.
The Communications Associate will work closely with the rest of the consulting team to support communications and engagement throughout projects, working on multiple projects during the year and at any given time.
OTT is proud to embed communications and engagement within its projects from the beginning. We believe in supporting learning and use with ongoing engagement throughout projects, whether that is with internal clients only or with external stakeholders too. You can read more about our approach to communications and engagement within evaluations here.
The Communications associate will be line managed by the Communications Director and work closely with the OTT Director, Director of Programmes, as well as other OTT consultants, associates, partners and a range of clients.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of project proposals: Generate ideas and proposals for communications activities and outputs to feed into new project proposals and expressions of interest and advise on the budget and days required to deliver the activities.
- Develop communications and engagement plans for projects: Working with the team and client to identify communications activities and outputs to best meet the project’s objectives within the given budget and timeframe.
- Deliver communications and engagement plans for projects: Activities and level of involvement vary from project to project but typically include providing editorial support, helping to develop key messages, supporting the development and managing the production of publication and multi-media outputs, supporting the design and running of consultation processes or digital events, and creating social media campaigns.
Experience and skills
- At least 5 years experience in a similar communications role
- Excellent writing and editing skills (English language)
- Ability to shape content for different audiences
- Strong digital skills
- Creative thinker with the ability to generate ideas and carry them through to completion
- Independent worker and self-starter, comfortable working remotely
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to manage and prioritise competing deadlines
- Design skills/experience (InDesign, Illustrator)
- Video editing skills/experience
- Facilitation experience
- Experience working in a think tank, consultancy, or creative communications agency
- Competency in a second language
Other useful information
About the post
This is a part-time role but may develop into a full-time post dependent on the projects available and that the communications associate is involved in.
To apply, please, submit your application, by 20 February 2022. The application form will ask for:
- Your CV in PDF tailored to respond to the role (no more than 3 pages).
- A cover letter that addresses the competencies required and your experience in performing the roles for the post.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed, asked for two references and to complete a simple task.
If you have any questions about the position, please email [email protected]
Diversity and inclusion
At OTT we value diversity. We are a global initiative. We encourage applicants from all over the world and will not discriminate based on anything other than the candidate’s ability to do the job.