Cardus is a non-partisan think tank dedicated to clarifying and strengthening, through research and dialogue, the ways in which society’s institutions can work together for the common good.
The Database Administrator will be responsible for maintaining and improving our custom Salesforce database. Finding creative ways to meet internal needs, balancing competing priorities, and learning new skills should be second nature to you.
You have the technical skills needed to dream, create, and refine standard and custom objects, layouts, flows, user permissions, and other elements of the Salesforce ecosystem. You have notable experience integrating with third-party apps, and you can evaluate when integration is worth the investment. You can notice a workflow problem before it happens, find a solution, and implement it quickly. You evaluate all potential options and whenever possible, your solutions use clicks, not code.
And you do all of this with the end-user in mind – making data easier to access, understand, and analyze for users with every level of Salesforce proficiency. As part of the data management team, you will have the rare ability (and privilege!) to see the potential system and process changes and work to make improvements within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven, and community-oriented.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Perform systematic audits of end-user experience.
- Gather requirements from various types of users in every department.
- Evaluate options and make recommendations for improved Salesforce use.
- Implement creative solutions to user permissions, data management, and workflow issues.
- Create resources for training, documentation, and more intuitive user experiences.
- Adapt to changing needs, balance competing priorities, and eagerly learn new skills when necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of upcoming Salesforce updates and new capacities.
- Improve database organization and use through cross-object data management to combine distinct data sources within Salesforce (ex. custom objects, formula fields, custom apps, layouts, flows etc.).
- Evaluate and integrate potential third-party app integrations to break down data siloes.
Experience and skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience administering and customizing in Salesforce CRM required.
- Salesforce administrator accreditation is a strong asset.
- Experience with Pardot, Marketing Cloud, or similar marketing software is an asset.
- Experience with Experiences, Einstein, Sales Cloud, or other aspects of the Salesforce ecosystem is an asset.
- Experience with Zapier, Conga, Apsona, iWave, Cision, Google Analytics, or other third-party apps is an asset.
- Experience integrating any of these with Salesforce is a benefit.
- HTML knowledge and WordPress familiarity as assets.
- Experience with Asana or other project management software is an asset.