On Think Tanks (OTT) is looking for a digital communications officer to promote our content, online events and network activities through a range of digital platforms. This is a new role that includes engaging with OTT’s audience and stakeholders, ensuring that our messaging, branding and engagement is clear, and that it complements OTT’s strategy.
The digital communications officer will be expected to manage our social media accounts, maintain our website, organise external online events, and prepare digital publications and other digital outputs. The role also requires supporting OTT’s director and director of communications with fundraising activities and other operational tasks.
We are looking for a creative self-starter with attention to detail, a knack for writing crisp messages, and the ability to work with a range of desktop and web-based tools.
Social media responsibilities
- Oversee day-to-day management of OTT’s social media – creating copy, posting, monitoring, moderating discussions and comments, and encouraging engagement.
- Create and implement engaging digital campaigns for key OTT events and outputs, including the School for Thinktankers, the Open Think Tank Directory, as well as regular publications, videos and podcasts.
- Work with the OTT director of communications to develop, update and implement a social media plan to grow OTT’s engagement, reach and influence.
- Track and report on key digital performance metrics for the OTT website, social media and newsletter, using common tools like Google Analytics.
- Monitor and update the communications calendar.
- Lead the organisation’s calendar of online events and webinars, including liaising with collaborative partners and external suppliers, and overseeing promotion and guest attendance.
- Organise, manage and capture information from public meetings, workshops and seminars.
- Edit material from online events according to OTT’s brand guidelines.
- Support the production of OTT’s digital and print publications and creative assets. Experience with layout and an eye for design will be an added bonus!
- Liaising with external providers (filmmakers, graphic designers, and editors) to produce OTT’s digital content.
- Help to steer and develop OTT’s brand, which includes advising colleagues and external partners on brand-related questions.
- Assist with the preparation of communications strategies and/or communication outputs for external bids and proposals.
- Experience working in a communications team, media or PR environment
- Experience drafting copy for websites, newsletters and/or other corporate communications
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Understanding of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat), or willingness to learn
- Basic video and podcast editing skills
- Strong experience managing and creating content for social media platforms; measuring and reporting the performance of digital content using analytics tools
- Familiar with online event platforms and WordPress
- Professional and confident communication skills (written and verbal)
- An enthusiastic self-starter
- A creative thinker, who grasps media logic and enjoys communicating research
- The ability to work independently within a team context
- Creativity, sound editorial judgment, a good eye for what’s on brand, and attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- A passion for and the ability to quickly adapt to new technology
- Excellent problem solver, eager to share out-of-the-box ideas
- Able to manage multiple projects
- Fast, flexible thinker who is able to shift gears on short notice, without losing attention to detail
Perfect command of spoken and written English is essential.
French and/or Spanish would be an additional asset.
Other useful information
This is a remote working position with an initial contract for six months.
You will be employed as a consultant on a 20 days a month basis on a USD50-100 daily fee, depending on experience.
To apply, please submit your resume (no longer than two pages) and a one-page cover letter describing why you’re right for this job. The cover letter must be tailored to OTT, showing a clear understanding of our online presence and our social media channels. You may include up to two short writing samples in your application.
Please send everything in one pdf file to [email protected] with the subject line: Digital communications officer.
Diversity is important to us in everything we do. We encourage applicants of all ages, genders, sexual orientations, races, and ethnicities.