IEEFA is an NGO/non-profit think tank that produces a significant volume of original independent public interest research and analysis on issues related to sustainable energy markets, trends, regulations, and policies. Headquartered in the United States, IEEFA has staff located across the globe with a significant portion in the greater Asia-Pacific region.
Join our growing team in Asia as we work towards a zero-emissions future. Asia-Pacific based remote working, full time
We are seeking an experienced research leader for the Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis (IEEFA). This person will lead and manage the Asia team’s research and analyses on investments in energy markets across Asia. This work will ensure that IEEFA’s work is impactful in the energy transition to a zero-emissions future.
Our dynamic team in Asia works across different research areas across the entire energy and finance spectrum.
As IEEFA’s Director of Asia Research, you will play a critical role in setting the Asia team’s research strategic direction, while managing the team’s work plan and key stakeholder engagement. You will work to keep the Asia team at the forefront of knowledge and perspective on the sectors and markets we cover. We are not only seeking a research leader with extensive experience and knowledge about finance and energy markets across Asia but importantly a desire to amplify IEEFA’s positive impact around the globe.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Lead the development of the Asia team’s research strategy through idea generation, identification of research priorities, collaboration with analysts, and understanding of issues related to Asia’s energy transition and its trends and developments.
- Work closely with the Regional Director, Asia to develop impact strategies and monitor the performance outcomes of IEEFA’s work.
- Manage the Asia research work plan, provide oversight, and track the progress of research projects.
- Mentored and guide analysts’ work.
- Peer review and provide critical analysis of reports and commentaries, ensuring that IEEFA’s research is of a high standard.
- Build and maintain strong and diverse stakeholder relationships.
- Represent and build IEEFA’s profile in Asia.
- Generate own or collaborative research projects.
Experience and skills
- Deep understanding of Asian energy markets and how they relate to the investment community.
- Relationships in the energy and finance markets that support the execution of the role.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- Experience in developing and writing high-level reports on Asia’s energy transition.
- Experience with creating and executing successful strategic plans.
- Experience and ability to lead and guide research work of diverse and dispersed teams.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate, think creatively, and provide overall strategic direction.
- Keeps abreast and adept at moving with the pace of market developments
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills, thought leadership, and a strong team player.
- Familiarity with IEEFA’s research is strongly desired.
- Knowledge of power sectors is highly desirable.
- Minimum of 15 years of demonstrated experience in a financial research and analysis role, preferably with diverse stakeholders and projects, with the majority of this experience in Greater Asia markets.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience managing, leading and developing analytic/technical teams.
- A Master’s degree or equivalent work experience in finance, economics, engineering, or another related field is desirable but not essential.