The Center for Financial Inclusion is an independent think tank housed at Accion that conducts research and advocates for evidence-based change to ensure that all people can make use of financial products and services to improve their lives and prosper.
The Editorial Director plays a strong leadership role in CFI’s research and policy influence work by managing CFI’s editorial pipeline and leading stakeholder influence campaigns across different communications platforms and channels.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Manage CFI’s messaging and campaigns via all of CFI’s communications channels.
- Lead the development and implementation of CFI’s overall editorial calendar and pipeline.
- Oversee the development of publications and knowledge products at CFI.
- Help lead a culture that attracts and retains top talent, and ensures a high performing, respectful, and inclusive work culture.
Experience and skills
- Deep understanding of financial inclusion/market systems development issues and relevant stakeholder ecosystem
- Experience working with diverse groups of stakeholders in developing complex messaging and influence campaigns, generating high-quality content on a deadline, and participating effectively and efficiently in an editorial/peer review process.
- Track record in designing and implementing communications campaigns that drive stakeholder behavior change
- Demonstrated record of sound situational awareness/judgement
- Trusted peer, adding strong internal/external political judgement
- Superior judgement/knowledge with the ability to lead a project from conception through its end
- Use of superior judgment and knowledge gained through experience
- Advanced project management experience.
- Ability to influence leaders of the organization
- Typically holds an advanced degree in appropriate technical or functional field
- Generally 12+ years of relevant experience
- Interested in our mission and working globally.
- Willingness to embody our values of excellence, respect and passion for social change.