Third Way is a national think tank that champions modern center-left ideas.
Our work is grounded in the mainstream American values of opportunity, freedom, and security. But we identify as center-left, because we see that space in U.S. politics as offering the only real path for advancing those ideals in the century ahead.
Our agenda is ambitious, aspirational, and actionable. It is built on the bedrock belief that for political movements to succeed in our political system, they must relentlessly re-imagine their policies, strategies, and coalitions.
We are fighting for opportunity, so everyone has the chance to earn a good life; progress on social issues, so all have the freedom to live the lives they choose; and security, so we are protected from 21st century global threats.
Third Way is seeking an Executive Coordinator to directly support the Climate and Energy Program, including a member of Third Way’s management team, to achieve the highest impact possible in their work by supporting the team administratively, logistically, with communications and social media, events, finalizing products, and coordinating efforts across the organization to get those products out into the world.
The Climate and Energy Program is focused on ensuring that center-left policymakers and organizations embrace a climate plan that puts the United States on the fastest, fairest path to net-zero emissions by 2050. This position will report to the Senior Vice President and work closely with the Director of the Program, as well as the rest of the team.
Key roles and responsibilities
As the Executive Coordinator, a typical day might include:
- Managing schedules, meeting set-up, and meeting and calendar logistics for the SVP and Director for Climate and Energy, as well as providing background research in preparation for meetings and events, and ensuring appropriate follow-up;
- Planning and executing the logistics of online events with multiple speakers and panels, and (when again feasible) in-person events in Washington and remote locations. All require working directly with event participants, attendees, and vendors;
- Coordinating travel arrangements including booking transportation and lodging and providing pre-travel logistical briefing materials, and preparing expense reports and reimbursements;
- Assisting other team members in researching and writing policy-themed reports;
- Proofreading public documents, op-eds, and press releases before release; and
- Staffing virtual and off-site events, including checking-in guests and liaising with Third Way staff and venue employees.
Experience and skills
This might be the job for you, if you:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree, experience handling administrative tasks, and at least a year of relevant work experience.
Possess excellent communication, organizational, administrative skills, and research skills.
- Are able to work under short deadlines and deliver in a fast-paced environment.
- Can juggle multiple projects with competing priorities simultaneously.
- Have impeccable attention to detail and proofreading skills.
- Are curious and eager for professional development.
- Think on your feet and adapt to changes effortlessly.
- Want to make a difference and an imprint as Third Way’s newest Climate & Energy Program Executive Coordinator.