Third Way is a national think tank that champions modern center-left ideas.
Our work is grounded in the mainstream American values of opportunity, freedom, and security. But we identify as center-left, because we see that space in U.S. politics as offering the only real path for advancing those ideals in the century ahead.
Our agenda is ambitious, aspirational, and actionable. It is built on the bedrock belief that for political movements to succeed in our political system, they must relentlessly re-imagine their policies, strategies, and coalitions.
We are fighting for opportunity, so everyone has the chance to earn a good life; progress on social issues, so all have the freedom to live the lives they choose; and security, so we are protected from 21st century global threats.
Third Way is seeking a Graphic Designer for Clean Energy to join its fast-paced Communications Team. Reporting to the Senior Multimedia Designer, this position supports the work of the Clean Energy Program and is a creative-thinker who can execute eye-catching products that keep Third Way’s climate and clean energy work on the cutting edge of visual design.
Bring your passion for translating data and policy ideas into eye-catching graphics, data visualizations, and videos to elevate and broaden the reach of Third Way’s clean energy work with new audiences. We are looking for an individual who works well with a diverse team and is a self-starter who can collaborate with others to use graphics and visualizations to explain complex ideas in simple and easy-to-understand ways. The ideal candidate can gather raw data and turn it into compelling and engaging visual content.
Key roles and responsibilities
As the Graphic Designer, a typical day might include:
- Preparing static visualizations for reports on climate or clean energy analysis and policy;
- Creating and building interactive data visualizations on climate or clean energy issues from a variety of databases;
- Creating content and shareables for social media for a climate debate;
- Creating and executing short video projects with team members for social media; and
- Performing other relevant duties as needed
Experience and skills
This might be the job for you, if you:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Communication Design, or a related discipline;
- Have a minimum of 3 years of experience as a graphic designer for a design firm or non-profit;
- Enjoy storytelling using data, evidence, and art. EComExpert;
- Have experience with Tableau;
- Are comfortable importing the Clean Energy Program’s content on Third Way’s website CMS;
- Have knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook);
- Enjoy working in an extremely collaborative organization;
- Are familiar with video production (Adobe Premiere is a plus);
- Maintain excellent customer service with good communication and relationship skills;
- Can manage multiple deadlines efficiently and have good time management skills;
- Enjoy working collaboratively with others, thinking outside the box, and taking initiative;
- Can find new and creative ways to use data visualization and graphics to communicate clean energy policy and climate issues; and
- Have an interest in making an impact on clean energy and climate issues as Third Way’s Clean Energy Program Graphic Designer.