The Center for Global Development (CGD) is an independent, non-partisan, non-profit policy research organization in Washington, DC .
The Center for Global Development (CGD), an independent, non-partisan, non-profit policy research organization in Washington, DC seeks an intern for 5 months (from September/October 2021 to January/February 2022) to provide research and administrative support to CGD Senior Fellow Liliana Rojas-Suarez. Key areas of focus include financial systems, financial regulation, and international macroeconomics, especially in the context of Latin America.
The Intern will support Senior Fellow Rojas-Suarez in a broad array of functions.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Conduct background research, literature reviews, data compilation and analysis for various research projects, reports and presentations.
- Writing and editing support.
- Conduct data analysis using Excel, R, Stata, and/or other software tools.
- Assist with setting up high-level meetings and conferences.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Experience and skills
- Demonstrated interest in financial systems, financial regulation, and international macroeconomics. Training in economics, finance and/or statistics is preferred.
- Significant knowledge of Latin American economies is required.
- Attention to detail, experience managing datasets and proficient knowledge of STATA, R or other programming software. Please specify relevant software skills in your application.
- Outstanding communications and writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
- Ability to work independently within a small, closely-knit organization and to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, in a fast-paced environment.
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of Spanish is required.