Founded in 2006, ITIF is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit, nonpartisan research and educational institute—a think tank. Its mission is to formulate, evaluate, and promote policy solutions that accelerate innovation and boost productivity to spur growth, opportunity, and progress. ITIF’s goal is to provide policymakers around the world with high-quality information, analysis, and actionable recommendations they can trust. To that end, ITIF adheres to a high standard of research integrity with an internal code of ethics grounded in analytical rigor, original thinking, policy pragmatism, and editorial independence.
The Information Technology and Innovation Foundation (ITIF), a Washington, DC-based think tank, is seeking a policy fellow to conduct research on global innovation and digital trade policy issues in the summer of 2022, starting on or after June 1, 2021. The ideal applicant should have a demonstrated interest in the intersection of technological innovation and global trade policy, as well as an exceptional research and writing abilities. Students with a strong interest in trade and innovation policy issues are especially encouraged to apply. The position is available on a part-time basis, up to 20 hours a week. Ideally, the applicant would locate in Washington, DC, but remote work would be considered.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Support the Global Trade and Innovation Policy Alliance (GTIPA), including by updating the GTIPA website and producing monthly newsletters.
- Identify and track global trade barriers, including regarding digital trade and data flows.
- Write or help draft policy articles and op-eds.
- Conduct background research on countries’ innovation and trade policies and strategies.
- Provide research support (e.g., writing literature reviews, fact-checking, etc.).
Experience and skills
- An undergraduate or graduate student in public policy, economics, political science, statistics, or a related field.
- Demonstrated interest in technology, innovation, trade, and public policy.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent research, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Highly proactive and flexible, with an ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.