The Centre for Local Economic Strategies (CLES) is the national organisation for local economies and the UK centre for excellence on community wealth building. From our base in Manchester, we work with people across the UK and internationally to create better economies for people, places and the planet. In particular, we support local areas to develop new solutions to the economic and social justice challenges we face at the current time.
This is a key post for CLES, and the holder will play a pivotal role in analysing and visualising data, producing publications and in delivering activities as part of our research, consultancy and advisory commissions.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Deliver services with our partners including publications and tailored research activities.
- Play a leading role in our quantitative data analysis and presentation.
- Deliver research work under the direction of others Assist in the project management and the delivery of work.
- Support the organisation in delivering events and training.
- Represent the organisation at external events through contributing to debate Assist in winning work through soliciting and responding to invitations to tender and developing relationships with CLES’s partners.
Experience and skills
- Knowledge of and interest in contemporary policy around local economic development and, ideally, some experience of working in an environment which undertakes research or policy formulation.
- Demonstrable communication skills, both verbally and written Demonstrable planning/project management skills.
- Experience in using and understanding statistics and data, and have advanced Microsoft Excel skills Experience of advanced data platforms/statistical tools/programming languages –e.g. R, Python, SQL Experience of developing data visualisations using Power BI, Tableau, etc.
- The ability to travel widely within the UK.